One week ago today, a newborn daughter lost her father.
One week ago today, a newlywed wife lost her husband.
One week ago today, a man lost his life.
All of this happened because of cleaning chemicals. Yes, it was an accident, but it was a preventable one. Two chemicals, an acid used for descaling dishwashers was spilled on the floor and not cleaned up. The floor was then mopped with a chlorinated product. You might think this doesn’t happen often, but in 2017 it did over 2200 times.
The two mixed together and a deadly gas was created. 13 people went to the hospital and one never left.
The Academy has many classes throughout the year, and in all of them, we focus on the safety of the frontline worker. Please consider attending a professional development course and help keep accidents like this from happening.
The Academy has a new outlet for its’ podcasts, Beyond Clean With ACE.
We have been on the air taping different messages from people around the country who have something to say. As the Academy moves through the third season, we have found it beneficial for all if we have our own podcast channel.
This new channel is devoted to engaging, inspiring and motivation of people within the cleaning industry.
On May 18th, 2019 from 8 AM – 3 PM, we will be instructing our Cleaning Technician 101 course. This day will be filled with classroom education and hands-on time with equipment and tools basic to our industry.
The Academy had the opportunity and pleasure to conduct an afternoon class on the use of the two basic principles of all cleaning;
pH and physical removal.
This animal hospital was using their disinfectant with a parvo claim to keep their floors safe. What they learned was how bad of a tool the mop and bucket was in the process.
No matter what the product was, the pH was not being removed and therefore the disinfect film left on the flooring had become a breeding ground for all types of pathogens.
Now with the new process, they will be using, there will be a removal of the food source prior to using the disinfectant, which is precleaning and is part of any disinfection process no matter what the surface is.
Remember, mop ENEMY – Squeegee FRIEND!
Special thanks to Kathy Dube and GEM Supply for setting up this class on proper processing of floors and disinfection of surfaces.
On November 5th, 2019 we had the pleasure to present to Pete Lostraglio, from the St. Petersburg Police Dept, the ISSA/CMI Master certificate which he earned.
He was sent to the Academy to learn about healthy and progressive processes in preparation for the new Green/LEED Certified building due to be completed in March. Peter is seen here with his two supervisors.
Their team will be receiving new, ongoing education as well.
CONTRATS TO PETER; a new Master Technician in the city of St. Petersburg, Florida
Published in the October 2018 issue of American Cleaning and Hygiene Magazine
Recently an article was published that stated, “Green Cleaning is Mainstream.” This might be true if you are only talking with a select group of followers who have changed their mindset, however, in the real world of cleaning, Green Cleaning is anything but mainstream.
If Green Cleaning was mainstream, then why does customer after customer still purchase single hole mop buckets and vacuums with no filters? Chemicals which have high pH factors, fragrances and color fly off the shelves daily of JanSan distributors. Look at any online catalog and try and find Green or Healthy products for the consumer to purchase.
Daily, customers purchase mop handles that are non-adjustable and use cotton mops by the case. If Green Cleaning were really mainstream, then these items would not be even manufactured as there would be no call for them.
There needs to be a reality check here about what Green Cleaning really is and what it is not. Green Cleaning is not about purchasing these items, but it is the mentality of those still mandating their use.
Read the complete article here in the American Cleaning and Hygiene Magazine;