One week ago today, a newborn daughter lost her father.
One week ago today, a newlywed wife lost her husband.
One week ago today, a man lost his life.
All of this happened because of cleaning chemicals. Yes, it was an accident, but it was a preventable one. Two chemicals, an acid used for descaling dishwashers was spilled on the floor and not cleaned up. The floor was then mopped with a chlorinated product. You might think this doesn’t happen often, but in 2017 it did over 2200 times.
The two mixed together and a deadly gas was created. 13 people went to the hospital and one never left.
The Academy has many classes throughout the year, and in all of them, we focus on the safety of the frontline worker. Please consider attending a professional development course and help keep accidents like this from happening.